The Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (CGFS) performs the Department’s corporate financial management services, programs, and systems activities, including the delegated financial management authorities of the Chief Financial Officer. CGFS is headquartered in Washington, DC with two integrated financial service centers located in Charleston, SC and Bangkok, Thailand, and support offices in Paris, France, Manila, Philippines, and Sofia, Bulgaria. CGFS is a global team of civil and foreign service employees, locally employed staff, and contractors committed to providing quality, compliant, and customer-focused financial programs and services that support continuous improvement and further the U.S. government’s and Department’s foreign affairs mission.
This position provides Administrative support to the CGFS Front Office Executive Managers to include: Deputy Comptroller, Associate Comptroller, Senior Assistant to the Comptroller, Attorney Adviser and other high ranking government officials.
- Graduation from a Two-Year college with at least 3-5 years’ experience working with senior executives at multiple organizational levels
- Superior organizational, oral and written communication skills; the ability to follow directions and have the ability to understand brief explanations of work requirements
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Office and Word) and standard computer applications is required
- This position requires wide latitude of discretion regarding workflow and priorities; in addition to in-depth knowledge of various executives' styles; methods of operation; and authorities. Positions at this level are expected to interact with high-ranking government officials within the agency and throughout CGFS
- Discrete, politically astute, professional (dress and delivery of information) and capable of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Motivated, dependable, flexible to changing priorities and able to multi-task and able to prioritize work to meet critical deadlines
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the office’s day-to-day activities in support of the CGFS Front Office Executive Managers
- Manage and maintain an efficient flow of the Front Office by greeting and directing visitors, or incoming correspondence
- Answer/screen and place telephone calls; direct calls; take messages; and follow-up accordingly
- Prepares, proof reads, and/or edits correspondence, recurring reports, cables, agendas and like documents.
- Acts as the division timekeeper using Tatel (Time and Attendance); maintain annual and sick leave
- Schedules and tracks use of the executive conference room, meetings, attendees and calendars
- Maintains the Executive Managers calendars, planning schedules and leave schedules
- Prepares travel orders for Executive Managers, arranging accommodations, transportation, and travel documents using E2 solutions; Obtains e-tickets for travelers before commencement of travel; Develops and sends country clearance request; Obtains visas for traveler and advise Management on visa requirements; Assist staff with the renewal of Diplomatic and Tourist passports
- Provides “solution based” customer service and develops creative approaches and alternatives to the resolution of issues and problems
- Delivers, retrieves, opens and routes mail as needed by subject matter. Assists all division personnel with faxing, copying, scanning, requisitioning office supplies, placing service calls, etc. Ensures office supply room is stocked with consumable supplies for use by all division personnel. Sign for and distributes UPS/Fed Ex Packages
- Inputs and maintains EERS (filing – tracking) and processes awards
- Drafts and clear cables on CableXpress, including ALDACs and SMART
- Maintains all civil service training requirements and courses completed through Microsoft Access system called IDP. Manages all training request forms and notifies when training courses are available
- Anticipates and prepares materials for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings and informs the Executive Manager on matters to be considered
- Attends and records minutes and notes for meetings, as needed
- Prepares special or on-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc.
- Working knowledge/use of: Color Copier, including adding toner, Fax Machine, Color printer, including adding toner, B&W printer, includes adding toner, Digital sender, Shredder and UPS for all staff.
Software Systems Utilized:
Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook), Web TATEL, E2 (GeT) Solutions (Travel System), Individual Development Plan (IDP) database system, SMART.
All personnel provided under this task order must be able to either possess or obtain a security clearance of “SECRET”, to be issued by Department of State, Diplomatic Security.
Salary range: $51,000 - $55,000 per year