Employer seeks candidate to work full-time on our US Government Grants Management contract as a Grant Specialist located in our Washington, DC office. Employer offers excellent benefits including: Paid Leave and Insurance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs initial comprehensive cost analysis on approved grant applications to ensure compliance with ACF Grants Administration Manual and Technical Review and Budget form.
- Verifies Indirect Cost Rate Agreements, and evaluate specific element s of cost for necessity, reasonableness, and allow-ability
- Prepares written recommendations for Grants Officer based on analysis of cost data
- Contacts grantees when necessary to request missing or additional supporting documentation for proposed costs and revised budgets
- Researches list of grantees excluded from Federal Procurement Programs to ensure prospective grantee does not appear on any of these lists.
- Consults Ranking and Approval list for new grants to ensure grantee has been approved for funding by the appropriate officials.
- Reviews continuation grant file to ensure Program Project Officer Certification has been obtained prior to award
- Prepares the Notice of Grant Award (NGA) document for each assigned grant award in compliance with Head Start policies and procedures.
- Reviews grantees post-award requests regarding carry-over of un-obligated funds, changes in the approval of equipment purchases, and no-cost extensions of project periods to ensure conformance with Head Start policies and procedures
- Coordinates review of grantee requests with appropriate program official; prepares documentation to formalize requested post-award action.
- Reviews Financial Status and Program Progress reports submitted by grantees to ensure progress on awarded grant is adequate and funds are being spent in compliance with applicable cost principles and terms of grant award.
- Compile relevant grant information for analysis, in the Head Start Enterprise System (HSES), in preparation for Risk Management Meetings.
- Participate in a Risk Management Meetings of Program Office Staff, Technical Assistance Staff and representatives from a Head Start grantee to discuss agency and program performance, strengths and challenges and to develop a plan to mitigate risk including identifying the need for technical assistance
- Performs additional technical pre-award and post-award grant related activities as requested by Grants Office and Project Manager
Scope of Responsibility:
- Knows the policies, procedures, and practices necessary to conduct the normal Grants Management Analyst function; is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the Grants Management Office.
- Knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations 45 Parts 75 that incorporates the following Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars:
- OMB Circular A-21 -- Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
- OMB Circulars for Educational and Non-Profit Institutions: OMB Circular A-87 -- Cost Principles for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments.
- OMB Circular A-110 -- Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Other Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and other Nonprofit Organizations
- OMB Circular A-122 Cost Principles for Nonprofit Organizations
- OMB Circular A-133 -- Audits of States, Local Governments, and Nonprofit Organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred: Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Two years of relevant experience can be substituted for degree
- $47.5K to $52.5K
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Employer takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces Service Medial veterans, and other protected veterans.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers